Expert in Roof Restoration in Adelaide
Roof Restoration Adelaide
At Local Roof Care we specialise in roof restoration in Adelaide. We work on both tiled and metal surfaces, bringing tired roofs back to life. Our licensed roofing professionals utilise the highest quality products in order to produce the best results.
It’s not surprising that roofs begin to age and look worn after enduring the harsh Australian conditions. There’s no reason to stress though, as the damage is not irreparable. Our professional team can extend the lifespan of your roof, ensuring it looks brand new and functions perfectly.
We undertake the following steps to complete a roof restoration in Adelaide.
High pressure clean entire roof
- In order to produce the best roof restoration results, we high pressure clean the entire roof. This process returns the roof to a smooth paintable surface, ensuring an exceptional finish.
- Before we begin the cleaning, we make sure all down pipes and water tanks are disconnected. This is to avoid water from the clean flooding out parts of the house. We also request any clothes that are left on the washing line are taken inside, to make sure they don’t get wet.
- Once the house is prepared, we begin the high pressure cleaning. We only use professional grade high pressure cleaners, as inferior models produce a less efficient clean owing to reduced water pressure. Our team quickly and efficiently blasts dirt and debris that has built up over years. You can be assured that with 18 years of experience, we apply the right pressure that leaves your roof spotless, without causing any leaks.
- Following the high pressure clean, all areas of the roof are rinsed down and the entire outside of the house is cleaned. We ensure everything is clean and there is no residue remaining before starting the next step.
- We strive to ensure our ridge capping lasts the test of time. While the industry standard of flexible pointing is 3 to 5 millimetres in thickness, we believe in just 10 years cracks will begin to show. Therefore, to guarantee longevity we apply 20 to 25 millimetres thick of flexible pointing to all of our ridge capping work.
- To begin the process, we grind away all the old concrete bedding. We then replace the old bedding with a fresh bed of mortar, which is a 3 to 1 mixture of sand to concrete. We then repoint the mortar using flexible pointing, which produces a smooth and professional finish. Our ridge capping work is covered by a warranty for 10+ years.
Replace broken tiles and flashing
- Our team of professionals replace all broken tiles on your roof. We also check the flashing and replace if necessary. We also check the valley metals to ensure that are in good shape and replace if required.
- To ensure your roof does not start sprouting mold, apply one coat of Mold Rid. This prevents the growth of mold, which is very important.
- A coat of Dulux roof primer is applied to the roof surface to seal the roof. The primer prepares the roof for the roof membrane.
- The final step is to apply the roofing membrane paint. As Dulux Accredited Applicators, we produce exceptional finishes with a range of Dulux paints. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to produce a superior finish. While two coats of membrane paint are usually recommended, we apply a third coat to ensure the very best finish.
- Dulux membrane paint comes in a range of colours and finishes including heat reflective. All of the Dulux paint we use is covered by a 15 year warranty.
If you would like a roof restoration in Adelaide, contact our friendly team for more information on 0421 180 155.